Friday 23 May 2014

The hail wasn't big though was it? *gestures loonie size* Superb

We are in St. Jean Pied de Port & either the person who did the online forecast I saw a week ago was drunk or is a filthy trickster. 

Cue Monsoon. Just kidding! Look sunshine! Better get your sunglasses! Haha, gotcha again - Cue monsoon.

So we're hoping the local weather forecast doesn't know what it's talking about and that the weather tomorrow is decent. Thank-you mom 1000x over for the gloves.

At any rate though, St. Jean is beautiful.
Wow sunshine! Just kidding.
We arrived at 10am but our auberge didn't open until 2:30, so we wandered.
Found an amazing little shop with delicious dried sausage & baguettes that we decided would make sense as backpack food. 
We also found a little grocery store where we got some dried fruit & nuts.  For the record Natasha & I both weighed in around 17 lbs. for our packs and we're staying pretty close to that. 

At this point we are relaxing at the auberge awaiting dinner. We are staying at the Auberge de Pelerin and so far it's quite nice.
 
Last night Istvan, the owner of Corazona es Pures in ¿Biakaretta?, picked us up in Pamplona & we spent the night with him and his wife. They were amazing and our dinner there was exquisite. You must stay with them if you are planning a camino. I just realized I hadn't mentioned them & that that was unacceptable. Although I have kicked the flow of my post in the shins, I shall now continue with the current situation:

There's a sign that says no washing laundry in the sinks in the washroom, so I took a fake shower and washed some clothes.  They don't seem much cleaner but they are wet now. I have my shirt dripping into a croc so that I don't make a mess. My socks now smell like apple mango tango gain and hockey equipment. *half self five* 

Our next updates will be post Pyrenees, wish us luck!

Oh & also Madrid:


PS - seeing as you've gotten this far and appear to be an avid reader, I shall reward you with the best moment of today.

Natasha has wanted to yoga since we got here on the 20th, but has not had enough privacy. She realized she had enough space in our room so she commenced her stretching. As she initiated "bum-facing-door downward dog", there was a serendipitous door opening followed by a fit of French man-giggling. Enter Manu - our new cyclist room mate.



No comments:

Post a Comment