Saturday 17 May 2014

Natasha's Pack List

Okay so it's come down to the final days and I've assembled my pack.  At first I had a mini meltdown (because it's who I am) having to sqeeze the contents in and stress the zippers to the max.  Thank goodness for Des reassuring me that I can in fact strap my bedroll to the bottom.  Now there's so much room and I come in at 15.5 pounds without food or water.  I am impressed, excuse me while I pat myself on the back.



So I have:

2 dresses (I can forgo my makeup but I'm a princess dammit)
2 pairs moisture wicking underwear
3 moisture wicking tanks
1 moisture wicking longsleeve
2 pairs of yoga pants
1 pair of shorts
1 sports bra and 1 regular
2 pairs walking socks (who knew this was a thing?)

In addition I will be wearing a pair of jeans on the plane with my fabulous jacket.

I have include a scarf and a headband thing-a-ma-jig, a rain poncho and pack cover, and a neck warmer.

For safety I have a blister kit and Advil.

Toiletries include mascara, shampoo, wide tooth comb, tooth stuff, glasses and contact case, toilet paper and dog poo bags for well, yeah.  You get it.

Not pictured are my shoes; sketchers with memory foam to walk in and (Blythe cover your eyes) crocs to let my feet have a break.


I will be bringing three rocks.  The pink one for my Mother and the black for my Father.  I asked them for rocks because they have done so very much for me and it's my small way of paying them back.  The green is my serpentine which has a world of significance to me.

In addition I have the luxuries:


Noise eliminating headphones
Journal
Spanish dictionary (science forbid Des and I get separated and I have to communicate)
My phone though not connected will serve for music and pictures/videos.

If feels like I'm forgetting something, maybe lots of things but I'm going to attribute that to the fact that I'm leaving a life behind.  It's Spring, time for change.

4 comments:

  1. Science to Betsy I adore you

    ReplyDelete
  2. don´t forget sunscreen!! you'll need it..
    buen camiño!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I am following your blog since I am planning on doing the Camino in July-August. Could you share your flight itinerary on how to get from Canada to the Camino. I'm leaving from Calgary and haven't been able to locate an answer on the forums yet. Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sky scanner is the site Des watched for our flights we ended up scoring a wicked deal, the catch was absurd connections. Sorry for the delay in response. If you keep a blog please comment the link or name. Would love to hear about your travels. Buen Camino!

    ReplyDelete