Saturday 5 July 2014

Alpha and Omega

The end is the beginning.  The camino is complete.  I found this to be one of the more significant variations along the way; the Cathedral in Santiago has Omega Alpha rather than the beginning and end. Our journey has come to a close but really it's just the beginning of something great.  I wish I could quantify what the way has [insert plausible verb] me.  It's just out of my lexical.

Instead I'll talk about our closure.  Most of our blog explained the aches and struggles, we did mention how worth it it is to keep going and how the community is life altering but I want to reinforce how much I enjoyed this trip.  It wasn't always a vacation but it wasn't always a trial.  Des and I managed to squeeze the very essence of opportunity out of the last two months.  We happened to have had a legendary camino, which makes me proud.  Thank you to all of those out there along the way, each and every one of you that bumped into us have led us to this moment.

This moment, my goodness, the end of the world!  Imagine if you can blinding fog, misty wet rocky shores and an ocean you can hear but not see.  I love that our first time at the lighthouse was nothing but white abyss.  It felt poetic to reach kilometre zero and actually feel but more importantly visualize a clean slate.  We did it.  We walked to the end of the world and it was cold and wet and foggy just like our start in the Pyrenees.  It was a beautiful cycle to experience.  The end was actually just like the beginning.  I haven't burned my shoes (weather was not cooperating) but that's okay.  I'm so blissfully content and pleased to go about my last few days at will as the world comes.  Maybe I can throw them off the jagged cliff if the rain refuses to stop.

And so one final time, buen camino (unless you're a cyclist in which case I will always hate you).  Good way dear friends.




No comments:

Post a Comment